Introducing Haldene and decompression theory (and why Scuba divers should know this)
Compression (Haldane) model explained
Decompression theory is a large and complicated subject, this section is to give you a simple overview on how it works, but is by far not complete.
The material here is not intended as diving training material. Please contact your local instructor.
- Compression model is based on a theoretical tissue compartments
- Depending on model between 2.5 and 480 minutes
- Many different adaptations - RGBM (Reduced Gradient Bubble Model), Bühlmann, Thalmann, Varying Permeability Model
- Remember, theoretical mathematical model only
- Some testing using Doppler ultrasound to listen to “bubbles”
- If you are interested in reading more about it